- Mandated to attend all required training sessions/classes including staff and parent meetings.
- Knowledgeable of DYCD and The Salvation Army program expectations.
- Ability to lead, train and develop staff according to DYCD Competencies and The Salvation Army policies and procedures.
- Be a team player, work for the advancement of the program.
- Assist GAINS Director
- Responsible for the daily supervision and safety of participants. He/she will also supervise the youth counselors (high school students) who are assigned to work with them. He/she will plan and/or follow the daily activities scheduled for the participants, lead participants to and from all activity areas and field trips. Teach and supervise organized games and activities.
- Supervise SYEP participants, group leaders, and program aides.
- Interact with city, state agencies to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Assist in recruitment, enrollment and retention of program participants. (School year and Summer)
- Assist in developing daily schedule for the program
- Assist in overseeing all matters related to the summer program.
- Assist in maintaining campers’ records up to date and readily available for inspections.
- Assist in managing on-line attendance.
- Treat students with respect-do not scream, degrade, insult, tease or physically abuse children. ENCOURAGE mutual respect.
- Teach and discipline children according to Child Care Regulations. Must get the participation of students in the development and implementation of activities.
- Assist with all student performances.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of snacks/meals.
- Plan and implement active and diverse gym program
- Follow and implement curriculum as provided by the program
- Assist with the general cleaning of all program areas
- Other responsibilities as the Director deems necessary
- Associate Degree in child development, elementary education or related field or two years of college with 18 credits in related field, or a School-Age Child Care credential, and one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be comfortable and adaptable to working with children and youth
- Must have strong work ethic, and 2-3 yrs work experience with school-aged children (under 13 years of age).
- Must receive at least 15 hours of in-service training on specified subjects during the first year of operation and 30 hours of in-service training each two years thereafter.
- First Aid and CPR (or willing to attain training to meet requirements.)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed