TITLE: Geriatric Program Coordinator
LOCATION: PSSM-Booth Manor; 5522 Arch Street, Philadelphia and Ivy Residence; 4051 Ford Road
REPORTS TO: Geriatric Coordinator Supervisor
SALARY and GRADE: $12.00-$18.00 per hour (depending on education and experience); 75 NE
SCHEDULE: Full-Time; Monday-Friday, some evenings required
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition Program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
The Geriatric Program Coordinator (GPC) is responsible to plan, facilitate, coordinate Geriatric Programs to provide life-enriching events for residents and the community; coordinate volunteer/ civic engagement program and ensure the recreational interests and the physical, mental and psychological well-being of each resident is maintained at both Senior Housing Facilities; Booth Manor and Ivy Residence. The GPC is responsible for collaborating with the onsite Geriatric Service Coordinator (Social Worker) and Property Management team to ensure smooth implementation of programming and resident participation/ engagement. The GPC is responsible for the development, maintenance, and networking of external partnerships with aging related programs and resources. The GPC is responsible for the advertisement and communication of resident programs and related events to residents. The GPC is responsible for assessing resident recreational interests, hosting major holiday events, completion of required documentation, and other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
· High School Diploma required. Additional experience preferred such as: Associate Degree in Medical of Health Professionals or related field of experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and one to two years of experience in the social services field (preferably with the aging population). National Certification Council for Activity Professionals and or Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist certifications and or related experience.
· Activity planning and coordination experience preferred.
· Must be computer literate and skilled in Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be able to navigate the Internet.
· Must have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
· As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every three years thereafter.
· Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Criminal Record Check, and FBI Criminal Record Check.
· Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
CONTACT: Please mail your resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to:
Kathleen Giandonato, Geriatric Coordinator Supervisor
4051 Ford Road
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Or go to http://careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
No phone calls please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on September 9, 2019
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1173