Provide leadership to the students of the after school music program at the Spring Valley Corps. This after school program will be based around the beliefs and stated mission of the Salvation Army and all counselors should fall in line with this. The after school music program will operate from September through June and staff must be prepared to serve for the entirety of the program.
· Organizing classrooms for music programs.
· Supervise students in their homework time.
· Organize and prepare snacks for students.
· Assist is daily devotions and provide guidance to students in after school program.
· Work with teachers and director in providing a pleasant and safe learning environment for students
· Present and report disciplinary issues to after school music director and assist in evaluating each situation as it arises.
· Attend and support all concerts and events that the after school music program participates in.
· High School Diploma
· Experience working with children
· Proficiency in playing a musical instrument and ability to teach music preferred