- To create an atmosphere in which children can receive healthy mentoring and peer relationship, continued educational experiences, physical education, and instruction about Bible and prayer.
- Responsible for implementation of the After-School Program, ensuring compliance with all official regulations.
- Assume responsibility to meet training requirements according to New York State Licensing Regulations.
- Perform all duties in compliance with the New York State School age Child Care Regulations.
- Implement an atmosphere of educational support, ensuring the children have access to homework assistance and tutoring.
- Create and implement lesson plans for the instruction of the children.
- Maintain organized student folders, collecting progress reports and selected homework assignments to evaluate progress of each student.
- Supervise children involved with the After-School Program to ensure all have access to a safe space for learning and worship.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of snacks and meals.
- Help maintain all statistical information for the After-School program and Summer Day Camp.
- Keep classrooms and office places organized and free of clutter. When finished for the day, clean all areas that have been used for programs.
- Encourage appropriate integration of all children in After School Activities into the Corps congregation.
- Be prepared and available to help children seeking Christ as their Personal Savior.
- You must be able to represent The Salvation Army’s Spiritual Ministry and Social Mission in all spheres of influence.
- Confidentiality is essential for this position. Breaching said confidentiality will result in immediate termination of service without further warning.
- Must have experience working with children and young people.
- Must have some education background in Christian Ministry, demonstrating effective planning skills in development and implementing youth activities and outreach.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills, and capable of tutoring children in grade K-8.
- Must posses a high school diploma, with collage education preferred.
- Must possess Firs Aid/CPR training or receive within first 6 months.
- Commitment to evangelical Christian outreach and to uphold The Salvation Army mission statement.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed