SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To oversee all aspects of the Safehouse Program which provides comprehensive services to victims of domestic
violence. The Director of Safehouse is directly responsible to the Commanding Officer of The Salvation Army,
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Oversee general operation of the Safehouse shelter and program assuring that all aspects of the program are fulfilled and the program is in regulatory status.
• Supervise staff and volunteers; evaluate performance and recommend hiring and termination of staff members; maintain schedules for 24-hours coverage; keep employee files up to date.
• Oversee the provision of the following comprehensive victim services assuring that all victims served are treated with dignity and respect to include:
o Assisting victims with setting and accomplishing short and long term goals
o Follow up contact through in-person contacts, telephone contacts or written communications
o Personal advocacy services to assist victims in securing rights, remedies and services with other agencies or systems
o Criminal Justice support and accompaniment
o Crisis Hotline counseling
o Provide information and referrals
o Facilitating to weekly support group
o Assist with the filing of NYS Crime Victim Board compensation claims including making victims aware of the availability of the program
• Prepare and maintain reports, records and statistics.
• Fulfilling the mandated NYS requirement of reporting suspected child abuse and neglect.
• Represent and promote The Salvation Army, Safehouse at community presentations and seminars.
• Assist with budget preparation and review for the program.
• Oversee the program to ensure the projected budget is maintained.
• Accept any other duties as assigned by the Corps Officer.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of related experience.
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Exhibit excellent organizational and time management skills;
• Supervisory skills a must;
• Valid Driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements