ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent The Salvation Army in a manner that brings glory to God.
- Assist in every way requested to carry out the spiritual and total mission of The Cleveland West Park Corps of The Salvation Army in terms of community needs and our ministry to the people of our community
- Work with Director to create age appropriate lesson plans
- Assist children with homework
- Assist and/or lead recreation
- Assist and/or lead enrichment program
- Actively supervise children
- Attend required in-service training
- Assist in student assessment initiatives in the form of grading and data entry when needed.
- Maintain and monitor attendance records
- Maintain and monitor snack records and supplies
- Supervise gym activities for children
- Assist in transporting children from school
- Attend community events, at the direction of the Corps Officers.
- Attend staff meetings
- Other duties deemed necessary by the Learning Zone Director
MINIMUM EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years of college course work and some education in the child care field
- Experience working with children in a children care setting is a must
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
- Must have valid Ohio Driver’s License and be able to drive for the Salvation Army
- Ability to pass an FBI and BCII Background Check
- Must be passionate about the Mission of The Salvation Army and the Vision of the Cleveland West Park Corps
- Certificates in First Aid, Communicable Disease and Child Abuse; must obtain within first 6 months of employment