- Request all complete Social Security Disability (SSD), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicaid benefits applications from the programs.
- Screen individuals for potential eligibility for disability SSI/SSDI/Medicaid benefits.
- File individuals Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) applications and appeals accurately and timely.
- Establish a list of case needs for disability claimants.
- Obtain all pertinent medical records and lay evidence for review and submission to the legal record.
- Research applicable rules and regulations.
- Interview claimants for medical and functional summary reports.
- Attend disability related appointments with doctors and the Social Security Administration offices.
- Communicate with External medical providers and Medicaid Service Manager.
- Maintain statistical spreadsheets and progress notes.
- Remain up-to-date with changes in Medicaid and Social Security Disability benefits.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and staff training as applicable.
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations.
- Participate in quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
- Complete monthly Medicaid checks in EPACE for all individuals.
- Represent BEST at community meetings or events as directed.
- Reviews referral packages and provides applicable follow-up.
- Completes consumer profiles for all new referral packages.
- Update The Salvation Army Wait List as needed.
- Attend capacity meeting within all boroughs certified to identify individuals
- Screens individuals for placement and retrieves necessary paperwork to complete placement process.
- Follow-up with families via letters and phones calls to complete screening process.
- Monitors and tracks status of placement in all facilities including filtering referral packets to all programs that has vacancies.
- Complete all placement requirements for the DDS program.
- Weekly meeting and follow up regarding placement.
- Maintain communication with OPWDD monthly regarding vacancies.
- All other essential functions and responsibilities deemed necessary and appropriate by your supervisors.
- Associate Degree Preferred in Human Services or related field
- 2-year experience working with Social Security Benefits & Medicaid.
- 1 year minimum of experience in training of developmentally disabled.
- Demonstrates a high level of respect and consideration for the residents being served.
- Excellent organizational, time management & interpersonal skills.
- People skills with experience working in customer service.
- Has respect and consideration for the resident being served.
- A Valid Driver’s License is required (Must be able to drive large vehicle which consisted of wheel chair or 15 seated van).
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed