· Promote observance of the Mission, Values and Doctrines of The Salvation Army.
· Involvement in the total Corps program
· Responsible for sharing with the Corps Commanding Officer, all matters of mutual concern relating to the total welfare of the Corps Program.
· Assist in the planning and implementation of children's & youth ministries, including ongoing programming and special events.
· Assist in the planning, promotion and implementation of corps summer youth ministries including the recruitment of campers for Star Lake Camp, the planning, promotion and implementation of summer camp and/or VBS programs.
· Provide leadership for corps delegations at divisional and territorial events as assigned by the corps officer, including assisting the corps officer in the promotion, registration and transportation of these events.
· Develop teen group ministry in conjunction with corps officers for corps in addition to corps cadet program. This should include regular fellowship, worship and service opportunities.
· Assist in providing transportation for soldiers and members for corps programming as needed
· Develop and maintain programs and ministries to enhance the healthy spiritual, physical and emotional development of those under your influence.
· Develop and maintain an intensive relational ministry with the youth congregation of the corps, and work toward the integration of the youth in the corps.
· Assist with conducting weekly teen worship times.
· Develop and maintain an active recruitment and training program for youth leaders within the corps setting.
· Develop and maintain a mentoring program within the corps for teens and younger adults.
· An uniformed Salvationist, in good standing
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· High School Diploma
· Responsible, respectful, positive role model and be able to follow instructions
· Patient and able to assist, work with and develop children and youth.
· Must have a valid Driver ' s License
· Must be willing to soldier at the Queens Temple Corps
· Preferably Bilingual (English & Spanish).
· Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Word, and others as required.