Will work under the direction of the Director and Curriculum Director.
You will be working in correlation with the Assistant Teachers within an assigned classroom.
The Lead Teacher will manage the classroom.
1. Establish a safe, healthy and comfortable environment for the children.
2. Meet basic physical and emotional needs of assigned group of children.
3. Plan activities for the children in accordance with the State requirements to promote
their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development.
4. Implementation and evaluation of planned activities.
5a. Interact with children during planned activities and child directed activities (free
Play, outside/gym time, etc.).
5b. Alert the children to the world around them…encourage talking and listening, talk about the
weather, the season, the outdoors, insects, etc.
6. Supervise daily routines such as:
b. Diaper change
c. Meal set-up/clean-up
d. Cleaning hands and faces after eating
e. Nap set-up/clean-up
7. Encourage children to be independent by having them do things for themselves and clean-up
8. Encourage children to share and take turns.
9. Responsible for positive guidance techniques which foster the child’s ability to be
10. Encourage children to vent frustrations or hostilities without hurting others.
11. Evaluate children’s development growth on a regular basis.
12. Notify Director or Assistant and fill out appropriate forms when child
Has an accident, exhibits unusual behavior, or display signs of illness.
13. Notify Director or Assistant if a child shows any signs of abuse or neglect.
14. Complete daily an anecdotal report on each child in your assigned group to be
15. The timely updating of bulletin boards within your classroom or their assigned
16. Positive in relationships with others: cooperative interaction with other staff
17. To ensure that staff within your assigned room follows center policies and procedures.
18. Notify Director or Assistant Director of any staff problems within your classroom.
19. Give assistance to Director or Assistant Director in maintaining current and or accurate records
20. Work hand and hand with Assistant to ensure that daily schedules and sequence of
activities are conductive to optimal growth and development of individual children.
21. Work hand and hand with Assistant Director to ensure that the physical environment
Is conducive to optimal growth and development of individual children.
22. All other duties assigned.
1. Must have a Bachelor’s degree or CDA.
2. Experience in a Day Care Center and /or Nursery School or College Background in Nursery:
Early Childhood Education.
3. Must have the knowledge, skill, and aptitude to work with young children and perform the tasks
required for this position.
4. Must have evidence of good physical health including a Mantoux test, and emotional maturity
and stability as required by State regulations.