SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To direct and plan all programming aspects related to the alleviation of basic needs, such as, but not limited to, food and other material assistance. This includes, but is not limited to, programming for individuals and families leading to the ultimate goal of self-sustainability. These activities will conform to and be provided within Salvation Army procedures and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for documentation in compliance with Agency and contract requirements including but not limited to: Erie County Department of Social Services, Federal Emergency Management (FEMA) Food Bank of WNY, The United Way and The Salvation Army
• Assume an active role in new community initiatives
• Develop opportunities for staff development
• Present pertinent information at in-house committee meetings
• Provide a resource for funding opportunities
• Coordinate activities of new and existing resources (ex: Pajama Program)
• Participate in networking with community coalitions of service providers as appropriate
• Oversee compliance with funding and licensing sources
• Provide daily oversight of department activities and staff
• Provide training and oversight of off -site pantry locations
• Recruit appropriate staff members in accordance with licensing requirements
• Conduct counseling sessions as necessary
• Oversee maintenance of up to date and accurate case files
• Provide direct supervision of various program aspects including: Neighbor for Neighbor, F.E.M.A. and the Christmas assistance program
• Provide advocacy for client base as necessary with government sources
• Advocate and initiate process for individuals requiring referral to other sources
• Provide workshops, information sessions in individual and group settings as required
• Maintain program fidelity at all times as required
• Maintain up to date and accurate inventory and other data as required
• Attend training sessions as required
• Participate in internal staff meeting as required
• Participate in and identify fundraising opportunities and grant acquisition as requested
• Be available for out of area travel as may be required
• Exhibit fiscal responsibility
• Responsible to acquire up to date research on relevant casework practice (four synopses per year)
• Participate in all other duties and activities as requested or assigned.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in human services preferred, with at least 3 years of experience or equivalent of education and experience.
• Experience working with families and individuals in counseling setting
• Knowledge of community resources required.
• Supervisory experience a must.
• Must meet training requirements as defined by agency and departmental training plan.
• Must have regular access to a vehicle.
• Must possess a valid NYS driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.