The Salvation Army is hiring! We are seeking individuals with a passion for helping others, and a desire to do the most good in their own community.
Provide overnight coverage including weekends and holidays at The Ethel T. Chamberlain permanent supportive housing and women’s shelter. Responsible for the supervision of residents and the general management of the shelter. Resident Assistant insures a safe, secure, comfortable, and supportive environment in a manner consistent with the philosophy, policies, and procedures of the program and agency. Resident Assistants will be scheduled to work in one program or the other for their shift and are responsible for the tasks appropriate for the program they are assigned to that day.
Schedule: Sun-Tues 10:30pm-8:00am
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Conduct intake interviews, complete preliminary assessments, establish resident agreements, and orient new residents to the environment.
· Assist Case Managers in working with residents on their individualized service plan.
· Promote activities to increase competence with activities of daily living, parenting skills, and independent living skills.
· Provide conflict resolution, crisis intervention, and supportive counseling as needed.
· Supervise residents and maintain adherence to programs rules; counsel and impose consequences per policy.
· Monitor social group activities, assist with recreational activities and other special events.
· Maintain statistical accountability.
· Provide clear and concise individual case narratives and log entries for all residents.
· Answer telephone and respond to telephone inquiries.
· Provide resources and referrals for 24-hour crisis telephone.
· Monitor alarm system per after hour schedule.
· Complete shift specific support services, i.e., chore assignments, intake packets, etc.
· Maintain communication shift to shift in staff journal.
· Complete cleaning and Maintenance duties; supervise/assist clients in chore activities.
· Attend mandatory staff meetings and all required training sessions.
· Participate in On-Call and other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrate cultural competence, as well as integrate understanding into daily responsibilities and participate in meeting the objectives of The Salvation Army, Syracuse Area Services Strategic Plan.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of disability status, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic.