SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for overall operation of the soup kitchen and food pantry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Respond to individuals needing written communication,
• Provide direct assistance with food, etc. Responsible for ensuring that all guidelines are followed with the storage and distribution of all items. Ensure shelves and refrigerator/freezer are stocked at the end of each day. May be responsible to cook and prepare meals.
• Responsible for overall operation of the soup kitchen and food pantry.
• Be familiar with and maintain the standards set by Food Bank CNY and NY State Health Dept.
• Create menu
• Keep an up to date inventory.
• Order program supplies.
• Maintain program records and statistic.
• Report data as required.
• Seek donations
• Report gifts in kind.
• Make sure program areas are clean before and after programs.
• Recruit and train volunteers for food service programs.
• Develop community partnerships to in meeting program goals.
• Maintain current and seek new funding partnerships.
• Promote Salvation Army ministry.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or technical school
• One -two years of related experience.
E.g. Clerical, Intake, Resident Assistants, Drivers
• Highly organized and ability to multi-task
• Ability to prepare and cook meals.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Obtain SafeServe food handling certification within 6 months.
• Valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.
• Supervision experience a plus