Are you a night owl? Like to stay up at night AND you're looking for ways to give back to your community?
Do you need to be home during the day but are interested in supporting families in need? Are you an insomniac with a heart for human service?
If so, we have the job for you!!
Several per diem positions are available at the Emergency Family Shelter as a shelter aide / resident manager.
Aavailability throughout the week - must be flexible to fill in on weekends if needed.
Minimum of 2 shifts/month, usually more.
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide coverage in our Emergency Family Shelter, open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Responsible for the supervision of residents and the general management of the program. Residence Manager insures a safe, secure, comfortable, and supportive environment in a manner consistent with the philosophy, policies, and procedures of the program and agency.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
· One - two years of experience working in Human Services and/or shelter setting.
· Valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.
· Ability to drive a 12 passenger van when necessary.
· Ability to achieve and maintain CPR Certification
· Ability to diffuse crisis situations both within team settings and independently.
· Ability to document program events and carry out scheduled or spontaneous tasks
· Capable of applying all assigned training topics