SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide coverage in our Safehouse Domestic Violence Shelter, open 24 hours a day, 7 days per week for victims of domestic violence. Responsible for the supervision of residents and the general management of the program. Residence Assistant insures a safe, secure, comfortable, and supportive environment in a manner consistent with the philosophy, policies, and procedures of the program and agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assist Safehouse residents with basic needs
• Provide direct victim services that may include:
o Support counseling with Safehouse Residents
o Follow up contact through in-person contacts, telephone contacts or written communications
o Crisis Hotline counseling
o Providing information and referrals
o Assisting with the filing of NYS Office of Victim Services compensation claims including making victims aware of the availability of the program
• Maintain case records and summary logs. Complete reports as directed.
• Follow and enforce established policy and procedures with the residents of the shelter.
• Fulfilling the mandated NYS requirements by reporting suspected child abuse and neglect and
provide pertinent information to the Director.
• Filling in staff schedule as needed to maintain 24 hour coverage of the Safehouse shelter.
• Assist as necessary to maintain the shelter in regulatory status including cleaning of the facility.
• Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA Regulations.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Safehouse Director and/or Commanding Officers.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• High school diploma or GED with one year relevant experience.
• Good communications skills.
• A good understanding of program needs.
• A strong willingness to improve self and to help others.