SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Maintain the operations of Our House. Under the direct supervision of the Director, the Kitchen & Resident Assistant will handle all issues that arises within Our House. They must be willing to work weekends, Holidays, and any shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Maintain a close watch on the comings and goings of all clients.
• Maintain the nightly note log, daily case notes.
• Perform all needed testing both breath and urine screens as required and at random.
• Do regular rounds going to all areas of the building both inside and out (make your presence known).
• Fill out all computer forms that are needed.
• Be a liaison between clients and day staff. Refer problems to day staff; House Coordinator, Director.
• Do random inspections of all areas of the house checking for sanitation/safety concerns.
• Perform any assignments left from previous shift Ie: such as getting releases signed...
• Oversee meal prep and kitchen clean-up.
• Prepare the resident chores chart monthly.
• Answer all calls. Have phone available. Make sure all phone calls are answered in a professional manner. Pass on all messages.
• Any emergencies call 911, then the Program Director.
• Monitor all visitations.
• Monitor Security System as instructed every hour at minimum.
• Document in the running note and the individual note as needed.
• Keep all receipts in safe storage.
• Use the Quic Doc system to record incidents
• See that the oven filters are cleaned monthly. Make sure it is documented in the cleaning book.
• See that the air conditioning filters are changed monthly during the summer season.
• Make sure that the linen room is kept in an orderly manner.
• Perform all duties assigned by Director and/or Commanding Officers as required ie:
o Food stamp inventory/receipts
o Order general supplies once a month from selected vendors
• Collect urine drug screen as instructed
• Give regular breath tests as instructed
• Document finding in the daily case notes
• Avoid all power struggles with Residents
• If help is needed to handle an issue, call the CASAC Staff or Program Director immediately
• Report any incidents relative to general conduct to the CASAC Staff
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Good communications skills.
• A good understanding of alcoholism and drug addiction.
• A strong willingness to improve self and to help others.
• Must be familiar with and comply with all Federal Confidentiality laws or CFR-42