SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To supervise children in Bright Spaces, a program for pre-school children residing in the Shelter. To allow parents to manage their time accordingly, without the need of having their children with them. To allow parents a respite for the purpose of taking care of their responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Supervise and interact with all children’s activities in Bright Spaces
• Change diapers and keep all children clean
• Feed children a snack daily
• Keep all records of children / parents names and sign-in and sign-out log
• Keep statistical records for monthly reports
• Maintain and disinfect all toys and furniture, in room, on a regular basis
• Empty garbage daily
• Vacuum Bright Spaces area
• Wash all soiled crib sheets or blankets regularly
• Escort children when they need to use the lavatory
• Attend meetings and/or trainings relevant to client population
• Attend all staff meetings as directed
• Help out with other duties when there are no children utilizing Bright Spaces
• Perform any and all other duties as assigned
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• High school diploma or GED
• Ability to work weekends and/or holidays and with a diverse population
• Prior experience working in a day care setting or with children.