Location: Chester Corps, 151 W. 15th Street
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Part-Time 20-29 hours per week; Monday-Friday
Reporting Relationship: Director of Social Services
Salary and Grade: $11.00 per hour; 72 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
1. Plan a weekly schedule of meals including continental breakfast and lunch menus.
2. Prepare, cook and serve breakfast and lunch to all consumers.
3. Maintain kitchen floors, freezers, refrigerators, stoves and all equipment including dishes, as well as food storage areas clean, in order and organized at all times.
4. Keep dining area including floors, tables and chairs clean and in order daily, as well as take all trash out tot he dumpster at the end of each meal.
5. Keep an invenotry of dry, paper, and frozen products up to date at all times. Receive, verify and store food delivers. Maintaining an accurate record of food, government reports and daily temperature readings.
6. Monitor volunteers from Maturity Works assigned to the kitchen.
7. Put away all food donations in proper locations before signing out.
8. Adhere to all written personnel and program policies of The Salvation Army.
9. Performs related duties as assigned.
*A high school diploma or GED with at least one year of culinary school studies or 3 years of experience in food handling and service.
*Must have and maintain the “Safe Serve” food preparation certificate
* As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every three years thereafter. Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check.
*An understanding of and appreciation for the mission of The Salvation Army
Contact: Please send or fax your resume along with a letter of introduction with salary requirements to:
Major Anna McKoy
The Salvation Army
151 W. 15th Street
Chester, PA 19061
Or go to http://careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
No phone calls please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on April 1, 2019
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1051