This position requires that the office assistant / secretary, organize and maintain records of volunteers, handle all incoming calls, and client’s files and provide proper information about the Salvation Army.
· Intake of applications on new clients
· Maintain and organize all activities at the Corps from 9: 00 am to 2:00 pm (5 hours shift, Monday to Friday).
· Attend to all calls regarding Donations, Social Services, Food Bank
· Responsible for sharing with the Corps Commanding Officer, all matters of mutual concern
· Update applications on clients monthly
· Prepare monthly statistic for Food Pantry, and send them to proper recipients.
· Prepare Thrifts Store Assistance Vouchers when necessary
· Prepare grocery bags and distribute food bag to clients.
· Take inventory of Food Pantry items and call in orders, must be sure to spend all HPNAP monies by deadline
· Make monthly orders from Food Bank
· Stock shelves for Food Pantry
· Sort all donate food, checking for any discarding outdated/damaged materials.
· Recruit volunteers for social services, and monitor them at all times.
· Ensure proper volunteer paper work is completed.
· Coordinate community Service individuals, secure/file proper documentation
· Report required documentation of Community service individuals to County/City officials
· supervising and keeping record of volunteer’s hours and schedules.
· Assist in the Application Process of corps summer activities, as campers for Star Lake Camp and VBS program and after summer assist with The Music program and Homework club .
· Respond to correspondence attaining to Social Services.
· Assist in aspects of public relations events and campaigns as assigned by the corps officer including the Christmas kettle campaign.
· Control of office supplies / make the inventory of supplies every month.
· Fulfill any other tasks that may assigned on as-needed bases requested by Commanding Officer.
· Promote the work of the Salvation Army and its Mission with Clients, Volunteers and Community.
· Confidentiality a Must
· Responsible to open and close the building when required
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Responsible, respectful, positive role model and be able to follow instructions
· Must have a High School Diploma, and Associate Degree preferred
· Well Organized and sensitive to individual’s cases.
· Bilingual English/Spanish
· Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Word, and others as required.