Position: On-Call Cook
Location: Bethlehem Corps, 521 Pembroke Road
Schedule: On-Call; up to 10 hours per week
Reporting Relationship: Adult Programs Director/Corps Officer
Salary and Grade: $9.00 per hour; 70 Non-Exempt
Position Overview: The Cook will manage an inventory of food, maintain a clean, safe and sanitary kitchen and storage room. The cook will shop for food and prepare meals for Wednesday and Thursday lunches.
1. Demonstrate knowledge, safety and professionalism while working in the kitchen.
2. Prepare quantities according to the number of individuals in attendance.
3. Attend and participate in staff meetings and accurately follow all directives.
4. Purchase food in the most cost-effective manner, as guided and approved by the Adult Programs Director/Corps Officer.
5. Prepare and serve on Wednesday and Thursday as needed. Prepare and communicate basic instructions for menu items to other staff or volunteers as needed.
6. Be knowledgeable regarding the Department of Health Rules and Regulations and maintain records and standards for all funding and regulatory agencies as required.
7. Wash and properly store dishes and utensils to maintain kitchen cleanliness standards.
8. Maintain flexibility and work well with the Staff, Adult Programs Director/Corps Officer.
9. Advise the Adult Programs Director/Corps Officer in writing of any maintenance or repair concerns as needed.
10. Complete all duties as otherwise assigned by the Adult Programs Director/Corps Officer.
11. Maintain open lines of communication with Adult Programs Director/Corps Officer.
12. Adhere to all written personnel and program policies of The Salvation Army.
*A high school diploma or GED
*Must have and maintain the “Safe Serve” food preparation certificate
*Experience cooking for large groups
*Ability to shop for and prepare economical and nutritious meals for 20-80 people
*A valid driver’s license
*An understanding of and appreciation for the mission of The Salvation Army
Contact: Please send, fax or e-mail your resume along with a letter of introduction with salary requirements to:
Major Fran Rader
The Salvation Army
521 Pembroke Road
Bethlehem, PA 18018
Or go to http://careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
No phone calls please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on March 14, 2019
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1040