Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All employees are expected to perform any work that is needed as determined by a supervisor or manager. This position primarily involves the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensures the Day Program Room is ready for receiving the participants each day.
- Reports all changes in the participant condition to the Program Manager or Case Managers.
- Reports all observed or reported accidents and incidents to the Program Manager immediately.
- Maintains the cleanliness and order of the program and storage rooms.
- Sets up the room for the program activities.
- Encourages/assists participants to participate in activities appropriate to their needs, desires and capabilities.
- Assists with the program activities daily.
- Assists participants with preparing for their return home.
- Upon conclusion of activities, assist with clean up and organizes the program area at the end of the day.
- Attend outings with Participants in the community.
- Assist Program Manager with planning of creative and resident-focused recreational activities and special events that are tailored to the unique abilities, needs, and interests of participants, including development of new, creative activities
- Offers suggestions and comments on program performance/efficiency.
Personal Care Functions (per participant care plans)
- Follow established policies concerning exposure to blood/body fluids.
- Provide some or total assistance with personal care tasks of:
- Shower or sponge bath if necessary
- Provide some or total assistance with toileting functions of:
- Using urinal, commode or toilet
- Applying/removing diapers
- Provide some or total assistance with mobility tasks of:
- Using durable medical equipment (wheelchair, walker, etc.)
- Using gate belt when walking
- Provide some or total assistance with transfer, positioning and range of motion tasks of:
- Transfers from chair or wheelchair using proper body mechanics.
- To sitting or standing from chair or wheelchair using proper body mechanics.
- Positioning in chair or wheelchair using proper body mechanics.
Food Service/Nutrition Functions (per participant care plans)
- Prepare participants for meals and snacks (take to bathroom, wash hands, position at tables).
- Remain knowledgeable of dietary restrictions for participants.
- Serve food trays.
- Assist with feeding.
- Report changes in eating habits to Program Manager.
- Keep water pitchers clean, filled with fresh water and within easy reach of participants, encouraging water throughout the day.
- Perform after meal care (remove trays, assist with cleaning hands, face, teeth and clothing).
- Records daily progress notes according to current documenting procedures (manual/electronic medical records etc).
- Track and record supporting notes as required by program.
- Transport participants to and from program location in 12 passenger van.
- Assist to direct volunteers and students during activities.
- Maintain good communication skills and rapport with team members and various departments and informing supervisor of any problems or concerns.
- Attend staff meetings.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice to ensure business needs are met.