Position: Help Desk Technician
Location: Divisional Headquarters, IT Department, 701 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Full-Time; Monday - Friday; 40 hours per week
Reporting Relationship: Director of IT; Divisional Secretary for Business
Salary and Grade: $14.00 per hour; 74 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition Program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
FUNCTION: This position will support IT Network Administrator and Client Support Technician(s) by performing all tasks as trained and directed, to include but not be limited to--
· Serving as a point of contact for the IT Help Desk receiving phone calls, email and walk-ups from clients concerning a variety of technical issues.
· Provide specific vulnerability remediation support for all devices, including laptops, workstations, printers, and network devices (including mobile devices).
· Processing of on boarding and off boarding computers, data and SW.
· Computer Prep including imaging, backing up and restoring files, SW installation, deployment and training.
* Supporting a Window OS environment (7/10) including MS Office, Outlook and One Drive.
* Ability to respond to and prioritize Help Desk requests independently and resolve outstanding issues quickly and accurately.
* Ability to take ownership of the work assigned, and deliver results timely, reliably and professionally.
* Escalate complex problems to the appropriate level of support to ensure client’s issues are adequately addressed.
* Refer major HW and SW issues or defective equipment to vendors or technicians for service.
*Maintains an accurate, up-to-date Help Desk software database (i.e. update customer listing, problem resolution, timely help desk ticket closure) to provide optimal customer service and support to the client community.
* Update ticketing system with status and resolution information.
* Follow-up with clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Work with users to troubleshoot and resolve Network/PC/Laptop/Printer issues.
* Ability to maintain a positive professional relationship with clients, partners and co-workers.
* Have a strong desire to help clients leverage technology in new and efficient ways.
* Performs related duties as assigned.
Be a creative thinker with the ability to abstractly solve complicated problems. Basic understanding of Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP. Basic understanding of Networking commands including ping, ipconfig and nslookup. Troubleshoot and resolve Windows 7 and 10 related issues. Troubleshoot and resolve printer issues. Experience using remote access tools to support many remote locations. Knowledge of voice/phone systems. Experience with iOS and Android phones. Knowledge of Cloud technologies including Office 365. Basic knowledge of Mac OS. Experience working with a Support Ticketing System. High school diploma required, college/technical school preferred. Previous supervisory skills. Comptia A+ certification and Network+ desired. Valid driver’s license required and ability to pass the Salvation Army insurance standards. Good organizational and interpersonal skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to routinely lift personal computer equipment (Large printers, monitors, etc.). As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every three years thereafter. Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check. It is essential to support The Salvation Army by having an understanding and appreciation of The Salvation Army mission.
Contact: If you are interested in applying for this position please upload your resume and a cover letter:
External candidates go to: http://careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com or internal candidate go to: http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
No Phone Calls Please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on February 11, 2019
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1015