To clean and disinfect facilities’ areas, move furniture, equipment, and supplies. To perform a variety of housekeeping duties to maintain the facility in a neat, orderly, and sanitary condition.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Clean and disinfect assigned areas by washing furniture, tile, walls, windows, doors, door frames, stairwells, handrails, bathrooms and other areas with appropriate cleaning solutions
• Report needed repairs to the Facilities Manager
• Vacuum and clean carpet
• Restore orderly arrangement of furniture and equipment after cleaning assigned areas or as necessary
• Periodically strip, apply wax to, and buff floors
• Return unused cleaning supplies and equipment to their appropriate storage areas, and ensure that they are replaced in an orderly fashion
• Collect garbage, replace can liners, and sanitize garbage cans
• Assist in performing grounds maintenance and care of lawn, shrubs, and flowers as needed
• Assist in maintenance of and snow removal from walkways and drives
• Fill on-call shifts as required
• Adjust personal schedule to accommodate departmental and organizational needs
• Perform any needed function as directed in the event of an emergency situation
• Follow established department and organization policies, procedures, and objectives for quality management, safety and environmental control
• Demonstrate understanding of behaviors consistent with The Salvation Army’s mission, vision, goals, and values
• Recognize the importance of customer satisfaction, and develop attitudes and behaviors consistent with exceeding customer expectations
• Participate in all other duties and activities as requested or assigned
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or technical school
No prior experience or training.
E.g. Laborers and Helpers (Seasonal, Janitorial, Housekeeping)
Working knowledge of cleaning materials and maintenance equipment (manual, electrical, gas powered)
• Able to learn acceptable cleaning methods.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
• Ability to willingly attend and participate in training sessions