To oversee the operation of the Salvation Army Schenectady Corps’ breakfast program
offering balanced meals in a clean and safe environment. Ensuring meals are provided with a
commitment to the wellbeing of all individuals and served in a respectful and compassionate manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Arrive promptly at 5:45 AM each morning to open doors.
• Plan breakfast menu accordingly and prepare, cook, and serve meals from 7:30am-8:30am.
• Follow all rules of the Health Dept. pertaining to safe handling and preparation of daily meals; be conscious on food expiration dates.
• Responsible for storing food properly and safely.
• Maintain kitchen cleanliness- floors, freezers, refrigerators, stoves, ovens and all equipment including dishes, as well as food storages clean, in order, and organized.
• Prepare a weekly order of products needed and submit for processing.
• Report kitchen and equipment problems to immediate supervisor.
• Keep dining and kitchen areas, including floors, tables and chairs, clean and in order daily as well as monitoring conditions in dining room during meals, including interaction among guests.
• Facilitate what is needed in preparation for those handling lunch hour.
• Maintain restrooms
• Clean up any and all spills, wipe and sanitize all surfaces-daily.
• Monitor sidewalk conditions to ensure safe entry ways in inclement weather conditions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
High school diploma or GED.
• One to three years previous kitchen or food preparation experience preferred.
• Safe Serv Certification preferred.