Perform a variety of general tasks to oversee the maintenance of The Salvation Army Schenectady Corps.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Open and close building as needed.
• Maintain vehicles, including driving for donation collections.
• Handle all set up and breakdown of classrooms and various rooms to meet program needs.
• Responsible for organization of donations; i.e. clothing, furniture, etc. and are kept in an orderly manner.
• Maintain cleanliness of floors; sweep and mop daily, ensure floors are safely dry for foot traffic.
• Empty all garbage cans, maintain trash and carboard removal daily.
• Responsible for minor repairs and report maintenance problems as needed.
• Ensure all security procedures are maintained.
• Inspect cooling units daily and ensure proper functioning.
• Be sure Chapel is always ready and kept clean along with upstairs area.
• General pick up of sidewalk litter as noticed; snow removal as needed.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.