TITLE: Pathway of Hope Case Manager
LOCATION: The Salvation Army, Norristown, PA Corps
REPORTS TO: Corps Commanding Officer
STATUS: Part-Time; 20Hours per week
SALARY and GRADE: $15.00 per hour; 75 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
The primary function of the Pathway of Hope case manager is to assign, monitor and organize cases for social work. The case manager must be highly organized, empathetic, compassionate, nonjudgmental, and eager to help adults, children and vulnerable adults. The case manager will be involved in all aspects of social services and be willing to work in a team atmosphere.
· The Pathway of Hope Case Manager will advance The Salvation Army’s mission of evangelism through empowering families and individuals in the Norristown area to achieve independence through comprehensive case management services with participants in Pathway of Hope program; stressing education, employment, personal responsibility, and spirituality.
· The Pathway of Hope Case Manager is responsible for providing all necessary administrative, program management and case management services to families and individuals participating in Pathway of Hope.
· In addition, this role serves as a key link between program participants, the community, mainstream resources, and The Salvation Army.
· The Pathway of Hope Case Manager will complete intake and assessments of potential participants, maintain case records, conduct case management responsibilities in participants home or the office, track outcome measures in a timely manner, provide monthly statistics, assess income and employment needs.
· The Pathway of Hope Case Manager will make referrals to community- based services, ensure that participants have access to mainstream services, assist participants to enhance personal support system, assist in identifying and teaching skills in parenting, budgeting, nutrition, conflict management, substance abuser awareness, educational advancement and job readiness.
· In addition, the Pathway of Hope Case Manger will maintain client records in Service Point database, participate in various community meetings and provide insight and program overview to community agencies and members as needed.
**This is not an exclusive list of duties but rather an overview of the job function. Candidate will perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor of Social Work Degree or Degree in related field or 5 years of related experience
· Valid PA State Driver’s License
· Must possess good interpersonal skills and a desire to work with disadvantaged families and individuals
· Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
· Must be a self-starter and have exceptional interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
· As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every three years thereafter;
· Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check.
· Must have an understanding of, and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please send, fax or e-mail your resume and a cover letter by February 15, 2019 to:
Major David Irwin, Corps Commanding Officer
The Salvation Army
533 Swede Street
P.O. Box 308
Norristown, PA 19404
Or go to: http://careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
Internal Candidates go to: http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
No phone calls please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on January 28, 2019
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 980