The Evangeline Booth Miracle Home is an 18 bed shelter that provides emergency housing to homeless women and families of women and children. The Resident Aide provides emotional support, information and referral to community services, and creates a warm and safe environment for the residents. The Resident Aide ensures that the residents’ basic needs are met, and that the daily operations of the program are instituted in a manner consistent with the philosophy and policies/procedures of the program and agency. Provide awake staff coverage of residential program, monitoring residents and assisting in clerical work, household management tasks and other duties as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Confidentiality is essential. information (verbally or written) about any resident, child or staff member is not to be discussed with any other resident, past or present, such information must be discussed with Director, House Manager, or transition staff member.
o Follow all policies regarding intake procedures to included recording/completing required paperwork/Escorting new residents to their rooms, if needed
• In House Care:
o Direct residents in appropriate safety response in emergency situations as directed by Booth Home Director or Housing Manager.
o Prepare, Serve and Supervise cleanup of meals following a prescribed menu plan.
o Supervise residents and activities as required.
o Remind mothers that they are to supervise their children at all times while in the shelter, and care for their basic needs.
o Conduct floor checks as needed with room doors locked.
o Room inspections when resident are in the room must be with approval of director, House Manager, or on call staff.
o Ensure all external doors are checked and locked during each shift
o Set up and clean rooms as needed.
o Make sure resident signs out and leaves key before leaving the building.
o Make sure all residents sign in upon return.
o Clean: Wash bed sheets, towels, etc.
o Clean and inspect room upon a resident’s check-out as directed.
• Records and Reporting
o Maintain all progress notes, meal sheets, Daily Sign-in logs
o Log any incidents pertaining to resident(s) that occurred during your shift completing all paperwork.
o Check daily log and progress notes for any incidents you need to be aware of before starting shift.
• Provide transition staff with all necessary information before your shift ends.
• Contact the on-call supervisor if there is a problem that requires their support or instruction.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Prior experience working in shelter setting preferred
• Ability to achieve and maintain CPR Certification Ability to diffuse crisis situations both within team settings and independently.
• Ability to document program events and carry out scheduled or spontaneous tasks
• Capable of applying all assigned training topics
• Ability to prepare, cook, serve and clean up after meals for a small group.