A key member of the Community Relations & Development Department, the Prospect Research Assistant will work with the Prospect Research Manager to produce high-value, critical analysis and prospect research using a wide range of information sources, deploying independent judgment, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills. In support of the major gift and planned giving programs, the Prospect Research Assistant will support the Prospect Research Manager in all daily, weekly and monthly research operation activities.
· Provide individualized research profiles on prospects and/or donors to development staff in the field. Including, but not limited to, detailed research to Donor Relations Directors and Planned Giving staff, in support of caseload development.
· Ability to research donors, prospects, foundations and corporations using all research tools, resources, and the internet, as assigned.
· Provide other research as requested- corporations, foundations, etc.
· Communicate with all field staff and vendors in a positive and professional manner.
· Set up new user profiles, train new staff and provide support to staff all in using Research databases.
· Willingness to learn new research techniques and be aware of new research trends.
· Provide monthly report on activity. Coordinate, track, and maintain accurate records.
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding all research information and follow all applicable protocols.
· Occasional travel may be required.
· Associate degree from two-year college or university and 1- 2 years of experience working in databases and current technology; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to establish priorities in fast paced environment
· Ability to navigate internet for pertinent information.
· Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Comfortable working with databases and current technology
· Strong verbal, written skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status