- Be on call when The Salvation Army’s building in Middletown, NY needs to be open to shelter homeless individuals.
- Open building and secure inside doors as needed.
- Supervise guest activities and respond to all guest questions and concerns.
- Keep sign-in sheet up to date for those in the building.
- Explain program requirements and regulations to new guests.
- Oversee the provision of coffee, hot water and cold water for those in the building.
- Make sure that all who use “A Warm Place” abide by the rules of conduct.
- Address any behavior issues that create disharmony, criminal, or otherwise.
- Have immediate access to a phone to call for emergency assistance should the need arise.
- Oversee volunteers who may also be available.
- Perform housekeeping and other maintenance tasks as needed, i.e. change light bulb, plunge toilet, mopping spills or wet floors, etc.
- Role model positive, professional behavior including appearance and communication with others.
- Communicate with Corps Officer should problems arise.
- Complete all logs – including violations given to guests, and incident reports.
- Inspect and secure the building when “A Warm Place” closes.
Friday – 6 pm – 9 pm (3 hrs)
Saturday – 7 am – 10 am and 5 pm – 9 pm (7 hrs)
Sunday – 7 am – 1 pm and 5 – 9 pm (10 hrs)
Plus – whenever public buildings close due to weather they need to be on call.