- Conduct comprehensive client assessments and work with the client/family to develop an individualized independent living plan. Identify needs and make referrals to community providers.
- Supervision of interns including completion of evaluations, verification of hours, and orientation to the program.
- Provide empathetic non-judgmental counseling and support in crisis situations and as a part of short-term case management. Monitor/manage agreements with clients. Contract with clients to provide reasonable accommodations for those unable to abide by routine agreements.
- Actively monitor client progress towards Independent Living Plan goals. Direct weekly client case reviews and provide case consultation to other staff members related to client needs.
- Maintain service statistics for internal and external reporting, using database tools. Maintain case records to meet standards (client rights/ confidentiality, assessment based service planning, clear and concise individual case narratives, documentation of referrals, discharge summaries).
- Network with community providers and provide advocacy on behalf of client. Represent program and agency in the community at meetings and case conferences.
- Provide limited coverage for the Program Director when he/she is not available. These responsibilities include but are not limited to: report generation, shelter orders, requesting work orders and initiating warnings to shelter agreement violations.
- Answer telephone and respond to inquiries. Share on-call support for 24-hour operations.
- Demonstrate cultural competence, as well as integrate understanding into daily responsibilities and participate in meeting the objectives of The Salvation Army, Syracuse Area Services Strategic Plan.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.