Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform intake assessments on families referred to family shelter by DSS/Contact 211, assist with securing emergency housing and transport to destination, if needed.
- Conduct intensive biopsychosocial assessment of family unit and individual needs to identify strengths, resources and barriers to permanent housing and self-sufficiency.
- Collaboratively develop an individualized housing plan with aftercare services, if appropriate, using the SMART goal model; assist with problem-solving to address barriers to housing.
- Coordinate case management activities and referrals to community-based resources to facilitate rapidly securing safe, affordable permanent housing and maximize participant outcomes, program goals and agency mission; meet regularly (at least 3x/week)
- Transport participants to view 3 viable housing options; interface with landlords/property owners whenever necessary; conduct pre-move inspection.
- Maintain statistical accountability. Document clear and concise individual case narratives, referrals and summaries in HMIS (Homeless Management Information System).
- Consult regularly with local Dept of Social Services Housing Unit team on housing needs
- Conduct monthly information sessions with residents.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and training sessions including annual human resources trainings, CPR/First Aid, TB tests and quarterly staff trainings as scheduled.
- Represent The Salvation Army Emergency Family Shelter in a professional manner in the community, at meetings and/or task force sessions, trainings and other professional groups.
- Demonstrate cultural competence and awareness as well as trauma informed care practices and integrate understanding into daily responsibilities to meet the objectives of The Salvation Army Syracuse Area Services Strategic Plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.