Under direct supervision of the IT Customer Service Manager, the Technical Support Specialist will provide competent and professional technical solutions to Customer issues. Duties include creating and updating Tickets within established timeframes and performing follow-up with Customers via telephone, email, or in-person. Solutions include, but are not limited to, resolving username and password problems, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, verifying proper hardware and software set up, administering VOIP and voicemail, power cycling equipment, assisting users with various applications, troubleshooting email issues, etc. Support will be provided by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner. This position is for servicing the Divisional Headquarters building as well as many field units located with the Greater New York City area. The Technical Support Specialist may perform additional tasks as assigned by the Director of Information Technology. This is not a “learn on the job” position; you must be ready to hit the ground running!
· Provides superior Customer Service regarding issues reported to the Information Technology Department;
· Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet connectivity, email clients, account password resets, and more;
· Interact with Customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests regarding IT services;
· Gather Customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms and accurately create appropriate tickets;
· Follow standard processes and procedures;
· Identify, escalate or redirect issues to appropriate resources;
· Perform Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers as necessary;
· Stay current with system information, changes and updates;
· Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization;
· Maintains high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed;
· Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and works effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
· Must be extremely competent and proficient in IT troubleshooting and providing superior customer support.
· At least 5 years of verifiable, relevant and current experience in Information Technology.
· Demonstrable experience in Windows Desktop support and hardware support services. Experience with VMware / Citrix highly preferred. Proficiency with Mac OS X and iOS are a plus.
· Certifications in Networking and through Microsoft are desired.
· Excellent Communication and Customer Service Skills. Experience in Executive Client Services preferred.
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time;
· Must be able to lift, move, install and/or relocate computer equipment as necessary.
· Experience with Nonprofits and Charitable Organizations a plus.