The Salvation Army, an internationally recognized faith based non-profit organization is committed to serving the whole person, body, mind and spirit, with integrity and respect, and using creative solutions to positively transform lives. We currently have an opening for a Disaster Service Coordinator at our Eastern Territorial Headquarters in West Nyack, NY.
The Territorial Disaster Service Coordinator is responsible for bringing resources and assistance to the divisions and for the coordination of resources, equipment and personnel during any disaster involving more than one division or an event of National significance. As the training coordinator, he/she will oversee the development of the National Disaster Training Program in the Eastern Territory, including but not limited to training trainers, developing courses, recording the courses given throughout the territory and maintaining the national database of trained volunteers.
This position reports to the Secretary for Business Administration, and supervises one individual.
· Advancing The Salvation Army’s relationship with FEMA and state emergency management agencies
· Creating relationships with partner agencies and government entities necessary to operate in times of disaster
· Development of and encouraging corporate partnerships to aid and support The Salvation Army efforts
· Fostering the growth of the National Disaster Training Program including the development of materials, the training of trainers and maintenance of the national database
· Developing policies that will grow disaster services as a vital ministry of The Salvation Army
· Assisting Divisions with resources, equipment and personnel during major disaster events
· Coordination of fundraising, funding and media coverage with National Headquarters during disaster events
· Supervision of Office Assistant
· Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related experience
· FEMA Certification
· Valid Driver’s License
· Experience with supervision of staff
· Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.