The Campus Services Coordinator(CSC) carries out functions related to meals served on campus and creating a college friendly and attractive environment while coordinating events, celebrations, meetings and seminars for CFOT events. The CSC will also carry out general oversight and management of the CFOT kitchen and dining rooms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites:
· The CSC shall be responsible for the major decorating and furnishing of the entire College.
· Serve as host for all Salvation Army leaders and special guests who come to the campus.
· Responsible for the coordination and scheduling of all Christmas activities, including:
Decoration of the College
Purchase and wrapping of gifts for officers, staff, cadets, employees and children.
The Commissioner’s buffet dinner.
The staff Christmas party – handling of reservations and gifts in coordination with the ATPA Office.
· The CSC shall be responsible for purchasing and arranging of flowers around the College for seasonal events.
· Responsible for the coordination of officers’ welcomes and farewells in coordination with the ATPA Office.
· Arranges for the distribution of cards and/or remembrances for staff, cadets and children's birthday parties, etc.
· Carries out the coordination of monthly (or quarterly) birthday coffee breaks.
· The CSC shall coordinate catering service when necessary.
· Responsible for the general oversight of special banquets (such as Rotary Luncheon, on campus Session Retreats, Staff Conference, Covenant Sundays) as well as retirement, funeral and wedding services.
· In cooperation with the Field Training Section, the CSC is responsible for setting up a Christmas activity calendar.
· The CSC chairs and is responsible for Caterer's Board.
· The CSC shall assist the Personnel Department in the Silver Star Luncheon preparation as necessary.
· The CSC is also responsible for the oversight of the Kitchen staff in conjunction with the Food Service Manager (FSM) and Assistant Food Service Manager (AFSM).
· Employee matters – direct or indirect supervision.
· MarketPlace – ordering items and give oversight on inventory.
· The CSC shall assist with the inculcation of esprit de corps and encourage all personnel to work together as a team, with efficiency, unity of purpose and understanding.
· The CSC shall observe strict confidentiality in all personal or private matters concerning employees, except where duty requires communication with a superior officer, and refrain from premature or unauthorized release of restricted information.
· The CSC shall maintain a working knowledge of Salvation Army official policy directives or minutes relating to the area of Salvation Army work over which responsibility has been given.
· Must be flexible and be available for special weekend events.
· Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Capable of conducting and assessing restaurant inventory
Willing to work a flexible schedule