Position: Lead Maintenance Worker
Location: Delaware State Services, Wilmington, DE
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Full Time, Monday thru Friday (10 am to 6 pm)
Reporting Relationship: State Coordinators; also works in coordination with Facilities Manager
Salary and Grade: $13.00 per hour; 73 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition Program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
Position Overview: To assist with daily coordination of janitorial operation of entire State facility. Daily cleaning and maintaining assigned area in the facility.
· Coordinate the janitorial team and duties around the facility.
· Maintain exterior of building and grounds, as needed, to include grass cutting, weed trimming, snow shoveling, and spreading ‘ice melt’ chemicals as needed.
· Strip, wax and buff floors as directed.
· Drive to pick up supplies and donations, as directed.
· Clean all assigned areas.
· Replace lights bulbs, emergency lights & exit signs and ceiling tiles, as needed.
· Empty trash and clean trash receptacles in and out as needed. Discard trash in parking lot dumpster.
· Maintain supplies and equipment and notify Facilities Manager when in need of additional supplies.
· Respond to staff and leadership to assist with carting supplies, materials in and around the facilities for regular and seasonal activities. This may include unloading trucks, set up and clean up relative to Code Purple Cold Weather Shelter Program.
· Report maintenance and safety concerns to the Facilities Manager.
· Perform additional duties as assigned by the State Coordinator necessary for the normal, safe, efficient, clean operations of The Salvation Army programs under the Delaware State Offices.
Excellent organizational skills and prior experience with managing staff, and ability to lead janitorial workers to assure high standard of maintenance and cleanliness of the facility. Ability to follow directions and operate cleaning equipment (buffer, vacuum cleaners, mops, shovels, lawn mowers.) Valid driver’s license preferred. Legal age to work or have working papers. You must be able to obtain clearances required by the Joseph R. Biden III and the Child Protection Act. Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please send or fax your resume along with a cover letter with salary expectation to:
The Salvation Army, Human Resources
PO Box 308, Wilmington, DE 19899
Or go to: http://careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
No phone calls please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on November 14, 2018
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 928