The Salvation Army, an internationally recognized faith based non-profit organization is committed to serving the whole person, body, mind and spirit, with integrity and respect, and using creative solutions to positively transform lives. Our Legal Department currently has an opening for a Contract Analyst.
The Contract Analyst reviews, processes and prepares for execution legal documents on behalf of The Salvation Army’s Legal Department in the Eastern Territory.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Review, process and prepare written and electronic documents to ensure compliance with The Salvation Army mission, program guidelines and policies
• Review, modify and identify potential issues in legal corporate documents, contracts, agreements and applications
• Research and maintain working knowledge of applicable regulatory legislation
• Interpret and develop clear, concise and accurate written summaries and reports
• Review documents with Legal Secretary or Assistant Legal Secretary and provide written review of documents for discussion
• Prepare and review necessary materials to coordinate multi-state and federal contracts
• Maintain compliance with all policy, regulatory and procedural guidelines.
• Participate in function area training, projects and special initiatives.
• Provide assistance to the Assistant Legal Secretary as requested to maintain a smooth flow of communication within and without Legal Department
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and three to five years of experience
• Excellent attention to detail required
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills required
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work independently
• Must exhibit sound judgment, the ability to make good decisions and handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills,
• Experience working with federal funding agencies in grant administration preferred
• Paralegal Certification preferred
• New York State Notary Public certification preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.