Position: Campus Ministries Associate
Location: Greater Philadelphia – Eliza Shirley Campus; 4050 Conshohocken Avenue, Philadelphia
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Part Time; 25 hours per week - SUN-TH; (some weekend special events may be required)
Reports to: Greater Philadelphia Ministry Development Coordinator (MDC)/Seasonal Activities Manager
Salary and Grade: $14.00 per hour; 74 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
The Campus Ministries Associate (CMA) will provide support to the ministry expansion of the Campus by maintaining the general cleanliness and orderly condition of the Eliza Shirley Campus Ministries Program areas, serve as driver for transporting youth and adults to Salvation Army sponsored and community events, assist with Seasonal Activities as requested, and serve in an overall supportive role to the Direct Reports as listed above. The CMA will set up meeting spaces as assigned (to include tables, chairs, sound systems, food items) and be present to assist the MDC, Laotian Ministries Officer and Seasonal Services Manager as assigned. This position requires involvement with the Campus congregation and program participants, particularly on Sundays. The CMA is required to be an approved Salvation Army driver and possess the ability to pick up and transport individuals and/or items utilizing one of the Campus Fleet vehicles or a rented box truck.
The Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
· Responsible for the overall cleanliness and set up of Campus Ministries program areas.
· Responsible for transport of youth and adult Campus Ministries program participants to/from SA sponsored and community events.
· Responsible for supporting the Seasonal Services Manager with Camp and Christmas clientele, space management, and chaperoning as assigned.
· Set up and tear down of meeting spaces as required for Campus Ministries programs.
· Ability to handle (once trained) small equipment such as a fork lift, snow blower, lawn mower.
· Obtain State of PA clearance to drive a box truck, if not currently held. Keep up to date with driver’s license and certification.
· As a member of the Campus Team work in cooperation with everyone in terms of checking windows, doors, and the campus environment for security and safety concerns.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
· Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in fast paced administrative and/or ministry setting.
· Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
· Ability to follow directions as well as work independently.
· Valid PA Driver’s License and approved driver by The Salvation Army.
· Ability to drive a cargo van, maxi-van and seasonally a rented box truck.
· Must be able to use discretion and independent judgement while exercising duties.
· Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of twenty pounds on a regular basis.
· Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment but also the ability to work independently.
· Ability to work well with people.
· Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to complete assigned tasks within an appropriate time frame as assigned.
· Must have an understanding of, and appreciation for, the Mission of The Salvation Army.
· As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every three years thereafter. Meet the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record check.
Contact: If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your resume and cover letter online.
Current Salvation Army Employees can apply online at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com. Prospective employees can apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
No Phone Calls Please
Refreshed by the Divisional Human Resources Department on March 28, 2019
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army will not hire any applicant for employment if the criminal background check reveals a conviction (or a guilty plea or plea of nolo contendre) for any sexual or violent crime. This policy is intended to help ensure safety in Salvation Army workplaces.
Requisition No. 926