Position: New Home Resident Advisor
Department: Philadelphia Social Service Ministries; New Day Program Work Location: Montgomery County
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Full-Time-Overnight shift; Monday-Friday, Saturday & Sundays; 8am -4pm; 4pm-12am or 12am-8am
Reporting Relationship: New Home House Manager
Salary and Grade: $12.00 per hour; 73 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition Program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
The New Home Resident Advisor (RA) is to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for The New Home residents through the implementation and monitoring of house rules pertaining to resident conduct, fire safety, room conditions, conflict resolution, and curfew restrictions. The RA conducts house and room checks, prepares a home report at the end of each shift, manages sign-in logs, responds to emergencies to ensure that, if necessary, residents are evacuated safely and efficiently, and responds to residents needs and requests. The RA is to communicate and support all residents in a trauma informed manner. The RA is to effectively communicate with the house manager, other resident advisors, and perform other duties as assigned.
No phone calls please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on November 12, 2018
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 924