Position: After School Program Director
Department: The Salvation Army - Service Center, (Formerly Trinity Episcopal Church), 137 3rd Street, Renovo, PA 17764
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Part-Time; 25-29 hours/week
Reporting Relationship: Directly: Regional Manager, Indirectly: Service Extension Director
Salary and Grade: $9.50 per hour; 71 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
Position Overview: The After-School Program Director (ASPD) will provide oversight towards the primary goals of “Project Hope: After School Ministry Program: (1.) Provide homework assistance and enrichment activities for academic improvement, (2.) Provide spiritual and fellowship opportunities for area youth, (3.) Reduce food insecurity and promote healthy eating.
Oversee a safe and healthy environment for children. Assist in the recruiting volunteers for the After-School program. Coordinate, plan and implement a variety of programs, including the Kids Cafe. Maintain and communicate schedule to provide adequate coverage. Maintain the equipment in a safe and usable manner, making recommendations for repairs and/or replacements. Assure that all children are registered for the program and their files are securely / confidentially maintained. Maintain membership records, attendance, statistics for reporting. Maintain adequate open communication with parents and guardians to remedy any confusion or disagreements. Be the final authority for the expulsion or suspension of children from the program. Assist in securing necessary information regarding trips and weekly activities off site (pool, bowling, etc.) including permission slips, fees, and transportation. Coordinate the opening and closing of the facility. Assist with children during weekly Friday evening worship service. Provide additional study aids and tools to give additional help to children who appear to be struggling with assignments. Set up and evaluate academic improvement for each child establishing present levels and goals and share with parents / guardians / school. Attend related meetings (including Service Unit Committee) as requested. Prepare purchase requests for items needed (supplies, pencils, paper, etc.). Make contact annually to education departments as the colleges to recruit interns and volunteer tutors. Conduct special events for students as needed. The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
· A committed Christian with a solid relationship with Jesus Christ, showing a strong desire to win others to the Lord.
· Develop and expand programs for children / youth and their families to nurture spiritual growth and development.
· Must be highly creative, energetic, self-starter and organized with intermediate to advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and Lotus Notes.
· Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
· Ability to exercise judgement in counseling other and managing information to maximize positive outcomes.
· Ability to work independently and with confidentiality with managerial level problems solving skills, understanding people, finance and operation to routinely solve mid-level problems
· Able to share / communicate the gospel with churched and unchurched children / youth / teens
· 2-5 years youth programming / leadership experience.
· Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education preferred or equivalent experience in running a similar program.
· Provide a solid witness in life and integrity, upholding the mission and doctrine of The Salvation Army
· Good organizational skills
· Actively participates in the local Service Center ministry/ongoing programs.
· Ability to raise funds. Position is three-year grant funded. Funding decreases and ends FYE09/30/2021
· Be flexible, able to adapt program as needed.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
· Valid PA driver’s license with good driving record and able to be an approved driver for The Salvation Army based on their insurance criteria.
· Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
· Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: If you are interested in this position please submit your resume and cover letter online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position please go to http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com and submit your resume and cover letter.
No phone calls please
Released by the Divisional Human Resource Department on November 9, 2018
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 921