Position: Director of Youth Programs and Services
Department: Philadelphia Citadel Corps, 5830 Rising Sun Avenue, Philadelphia
Availability of Position: Immediately
Reporting Relationship: Director of Youth Services
Schedule: Full Time, 40 hours a week; Monday-Friday
Salary and Grade: $50,000 annually; 12 Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition Program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
Position Overview: Duties and requirements include advising, guiding, promoting and maintaining a developmentally appropriate environment that fosters children’s social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and physical development and that respects their dignity and their contribution.
This position is responsibilities for the entire design of the youth program including content and general management of the Before and After School Program and Summer Day Camp meeting state and city regulations, maintaining settings and relationships that support productive work and professional needs, cooperates with the director and supervises teachers in the implementation of the daily program and monitors the curriculum which teaches appropriate behaviors and social skills. Supervising staff to ensure quality, accounting for overall safety and security procedures, keeps open lines of communication between staff, parents and director; maintains all policies and procedures, directs Summer Day Camp program. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Master’ Degree in Elementary Education preferred or equivalent degree with experience in running a similar program.
· Demonstrated experience in elementary education including successful teaching and management of child care center.
· Experience in grant writing and the ability to read and understand financial statements, to assist preparing annual budgets and demonstrates fiscal management skills to operate within an approved budget.
· Supervisory experience including hiring, firing, organized work, scheduling, conducting staff meetings, completing performance evaluations, staff development, training and motivating excellence in performance.
· Managerial level problem solving skills, understanding people, finance and operation to routine solve mid-level problems.
· Must be highly creative, energetic, self-starter and organized with intermediate to advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel and Lotus Notes. Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to exercise judgement in counseling other and managing information to maximize positive outcomes.
· Ability to work independently and with confidentiality with managerial level problems solving skills, understanding people, finance and operation to routinely solve mid-level problems
· Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
· Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: If you are interested in this position please submit your resume and cover letter online at: http://careers.salvationarmy.org. Internal candidates can submit their resume and cover letter at: http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
No phone calls please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on November 5, 2018.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 915