SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Shelter Manager position exists to assist the Anew Center Program Director in administering the Residential and Hotline services for the Domestic Violence/Rape Crisis Services Programs of the Salvation Army for all of Chautauqua County. The Shelter Manager is responsible for the management of residential services, and assisting the Program Director with management of Hotline services and other specified areas as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Supervisory duties including but not limited to:
o Schedule shelter staff, rape crisis advocates and volunteers to adequately provide 24 –hour coverage at Shelter.
o Assist with recruitment, hiring, and screening of potential shelter staff, case managers, rape crisis advocates and volunteers as needed.
o Responsible for yearly reviews and regular supervisory meetings.
o Track attendance records and authorize time sheets.
o Ensure policies and procedures are followed according to defined protocols.
o Communicate all information pertinent to the operation of the shelter and other program components with the Program Director.
o Responsible for providing orientation and training relevant to the shelter and hotline duties for all shelter staff, case managers, resident managers, rape crisis advocates, and volunteers and assist with DOH training.
• Assist Program Director in management of the 24-hour Domestic Violence/Rap Crisis Hotline.
o Responsible for reviewing all service of summary reports from the hotline, case notes for residential clients, and communication log on a daily basis.
• Provide back-up case management services, as needed.
• Will be assigned to the Response Team Schedule as directed by the Program Director.
• Provide crisis intervention and advocacy services for shelter and hotline clients.
• Responsible for scheduling and conducting shelter staff meetings, and attending and assisting with other staff meetings as directed by the Program Director.
• Responsible for keeping accurate and updated records, submitting reports and statistics as required by The Salvation Army and funding sources including DOH, OCFS, OVS, United Way, and others as directed/needed.
• Responsible for compliance with licensing entities and facilitating all Fire, Health, Safety Inspection, in coordination with maintenance worker.
• Assist with organization and coordination of billing with contract agencies.
• Monitor fiscal condition of the Residential shelter on a regular basis. Will access Shelby Accounting Software to access fiscal data in real time and generate reports including but not limited to, Income & Expense Statements, Balance Sheets, Accounts Payables, and Account Receivables.
• Assist Finance Director and Anew Center Program Director with preparation of Budgets for the Residential shelter. This may include creating draft budgets or worksheets in Excel for presentation.
• Will act as a mandated reporter for The Salvation Army and report all incidents of suspected child abuse / neglect to child protection services mandatory reporter hotline.
• Attend Inter-agency and community meetings when appropriate.
• Public Speaking as requested.
• Understand that as an employee of The Salvation Army, there may be occasion for the addition of other responsibilities as needed, per the direction of the Program Director or and/or Corps Officers, and that the job description may be revised at any time.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or certificate.
•Three to five years of related experience.
E.g. Social Worker, Case Worker, Program Manager, Coordinator
• Must satisfactorily complete the sexual assault training and yearly training in order to be a certified rape crisis counselor and be available to respond.
• Must have a valid NY or PA driver’s license and pass the Salvation Army’s on-line training course for driving 12-15 passenger vans.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel, and work within the Microsoft Windows operating system and navigate the Internet.