- Position Title
- Responsible to
Responsible to the Children’s Learning Center Director
- Education Requirements
EEC qualified and/or BA degree in Early Childhood Education or have a Child Development Associate. Applicant must have First Aid and CPR training, physical stamina and the ability to relate well with children and adults. Applicant must have a strong background in supervision and three years teaching experience in ECE. Applicant must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Work Experience
EEC requires health documents, four (4) particular ECE courses, Director 2 qualified, at least eighteen (18) months of day care and one year (12 months) of after school experience.
- Other Qualifications
The Education Coordinator is responsible for supervising the Educational Milieu component of the Children’s Learning Center including supervision of the Teachers, Group Leaders, curriculum, referrals, coordinating volunteer assignments, tasks and supervision. The Education Coordinator must be flexible regarding the operation of the Center, telephone answering and classroom coverage. The Education Coordinator is responsible for other administrative duties in the absence of the Program Director and Site Coordinator.
- Principal Functions
The Education Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the CLC School’s curriculum, for supervising the Teaching staff and supervising children’s participation in all aspects of the program. The Education Coordinator will conduct classroom management meetings as require by the Director, teacher and parent needs and at the request of the Assistant Social Services Director.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- The Education Coordinator is responsible for conducting the initial interview with prospective staff and teacher evaluations (verbally quarterly and written bi-annually).
- The Education Coordinator will make referrals to other service providers as needed with monitoring and accurately documenting the status of such referrals.
- The Education Coordinator will ensure that classrooms and the educational milieu is clean and appropriate for a child care setting. The Education Coordinator will supervise student participation in the center’s program i.e. field placements, field trips, coordinating with classroom teachers the required evaluations and scheduling of parent/teacher meetings.
- The Education Coordinator will work with the Director and the Assistant Social Services Director as part of administration of the Children’s Learning Center. The Education Coordinator is responsible for:
- Attending all full staff meetings, teaching staff meetings, and parent meeting for the school age program.
- The Education Coordinator is responsible for substituting in the classroom when it’s needed, serve as a backup when staff are out.
- The Education Coordinator will take action in case of an emergency in the absence of the Director under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Social Services.
- The Education Coordinator will foster a nurturing atmosphere:
- Assure that a method of positive discipline is used at all times
- Make sure that all aspects of the classrooms are running smoothly; transitions, nap time, health and safety procedures, etc.
- Complete progress reports for each child. Meet with parents to discuss their child’s progress. Evaluate each child’s needs and set appropriate goals.
- Ensure that staff completes daily journals for each child with a brief summary of how they were each day.
- Maintain a safe, stable and loving environment.
- Make sure the classroom is clean, the materials are stocked, and the door is locked at the end of the day.
- Communicate with and brainstorm ideas with teachers and administration. Be willing to implement innovative ideas into the classrooms in order to improve the lives of the children we serve.
- Complete referrals when needed. Assist staff with the referral process.
- The Education Coordinator will assist the Director and all Salvation Army staff in ensuring that the Children’s Learning Center continues to provide a high-quality program to the families we serve. This position will work as a team player and continue to pursue activities to further the program’s capacity as well as all professional development.
- Become familiar with and follow through with EEC regulations, center policy, and Salvation Army policies.
- The Education Coordinator will order materials and supplies (within budget guidelines) and with approval. Make sure that all documents (application packets, handbooks, etc.) are stocked and readily available.
- Assist with fundraising efforts and representing the Day Care at special events.
- Integrate the spiritual mission of The Salvation Army into the day care program when possible and when appropriate.
- Perform all duties in compliance with The Salvation Army’s policy and regulations governing staff.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the individual who holds this important position. The Salvation Army reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. It is expected that each employee will be familiar with The Salvation Army Handbook for Employees. Questions regarding its contents can be directed toward the Human Resource Department or Immediate Supervisor.