- General maintenance of all Salvation Army property including parking lot areas; General building upkeep.
- Receiving of all deliveries and ensuring that they are securely packed and covered in Storage room.
- After packing away delivered items in pantry and storage area, make sure that all spills are swept and mopped.
- Perform minor repairs such as ceiling, tile changing, stopping of leaks wherever required, etc.
- Clean and maintain in front of building by keeping area clean at all times.
- Order supplies given in written form to the Corps Officer for approval, who then passes it on for the Secretary to complete.
- Lounge Area & Arts/Craft Room– Empty, wash & disinfect garbage cans; Sweep and mop floor; Wipe off counters, sink, refrigerator, etc.
- Front of Building (Riverdale Avenue) – Sweep, etc. and keep clear of litter and trash, glass, etc.; Remove snow and ice, when necessary.
- Other – Wash and disinfect all bathrooms (bowls, basins, floors, fixtures); Sweep halls, offices, gym. Empty and return waste baskets; Wash slop sink; Replace light bulbs when necessary; Check all doors and windows; Dust around and in all aforementioned areas.; Vacuum Computer Room daily.
- Outdoor Play Area (Patio – After School Side) – Clean up snow and debris, as necessary; Empty trash baskets; Cut hedges and weeds, etc.; Water planets, etc.; Hose down area as needed.
- Mop floors of offices, hallways, Lounge, Craft Room, Gym, etc.; Move furniture as necessary; Change water frequently when mopping floors; Reset rooms as necessary.
- Chapel: Very important that his be kept in tip top shape: Vacuum carpet; Dust chairs, altar, piano, etc. (use polish as needed); Arrange books & bookshelves neatly.
- Hallways & Activity Rooms – Wash and disinfect all trash cans; Wash and buff all floors; Wash baseboards.
- Outdoor – Hose down front entrances when weather permits.
- Other – Wash and disinfect bathroom walls and tiles; Mop entrances and vestibule.
- Wash floors in offices; Wash baseboards in offices; Spot check and wipe walls;
- Wash light domes or bulbs, as needed; Wash and disinfect mop heads (hang to dry spreading strand); Clean up utility rooms and closets; sweep and hose down boiler room;
- Wash windows and blinds as needed (inside & outside).
- Strip floors of wax, alternate rooms to fit schedule; Treatment of gymnasium and chapel floors as needed; Be willing to assist with outside agencies use of facilities; Perform other tasks as per administrator’s specific instructions, to maintain a healthy, sanitary, hazard free environment in the Corps Community Center.
- Assist the overall facilitation of The Salvation Army, as directed by the Corps Officer.
- High School Diploma
- At least 4 years of experience maintaining 20,000+ square foot facility
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be available on short notice to respond to facility needs
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed