Position: Fiscal Manager
Department/Location: Service Extension, Divisional Headquarters, 701 N. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA
Availability of Position: Immediately
Schedule: Full Time (40 hours)
Reports to: Director, Service Extension Department
Salary and Grade: $65,000 Annual; 14 Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition Program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
Administers and provides financial management for Service Extension program. Development of United Way budgets, develop and maintain the Revolving Fund (Imprest System), assist in development and monitoring of department budget, EFSP/CFC/SECA reporting, processing Power of Attorney documents, statistical/service records, independent invoice processing and receipting of income.
The Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Develop, prepare and distribute approximately 13 United Way budgets; Process and maintain United Way, E.F.S.P., and S.E.C.A. allocations and United Way agreements; Monitors compliance in respect to government record keeping requirements; Develop and maintain the Revolving Fund budgets encompassing 163 Service Units operating in 33 counties; Ensures compliance in field with respect to fiscal program operation; Process monthly bank reconciliations for all Service Unit accounts. Process daily Service Unit purchase order vouchers for corresponding check reimbursement; Develop and monitor department budget; Maintain and distribute statistical and service records including Revolving Fund income, expense and statistical data and year-end NSS-11 T.H.Q. statistical program report for divisional input; Processes petty cash reimbursement for staff; Prepare and distribute Power of Attorney documents in connection with new bank accounts; Process invoices not handled by local Service Units, i.e., Community Cares (L.O.M)., B.T.S., Christmas, etc., resulting in subsequent billing to appropriate Service Units; Performs related duties as assigned.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred with a major Accounting major preferred or equivalent experience;
· Ability to form and maintain effective, business relationships;
· Must possess excellent customer service skills;
· Able to handle personal and financial information in a confidential matter;
· ACCESS, WORD and EXCEL computer program proficiency;
· As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every three years thereafter;
· Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
· Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please submit your resume and cover letter including salary requirements online by the close of business Friday, 10/19/18.
Current Salvation Army Employees can apply online at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
Prospective employees can apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
No Phone Calls Please
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on 9/27/18
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army will not hire any applicant for employment if the criminal background check reveals a conviction (or a guilty plea or plea of nolo contendre) for any sexual or violent crime. This policy is intended to help ensure safety in Salvation Army workplaces.
Requisition No. 883