Position: Administrative Assistant
Department: Divisional Headquarters, Women’s Ministries, 701 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Availability of Position: Immediately
Schedule: Full Time, 35 hours per week; additional hours as needed
Reporting Relationship: Divisional Director of Women's Ministries/Women's Ministries Secretary
Salary and Grade: $18.45 to $21 per hour depending on education and experience; 77 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition Program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
The Administrative Assistant position is responsible to maximize the support needed for the growth of and ongoing work related to various programs and events which are conducted and/or overseen by the Divisional Director of Women's Ministries and the Women's Ministries Secretary (such as Auxiliary/Silver Star Fellowship, Community Care Ministries, Home League, Retired Officers, Family Life, etc.).
The Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
* Performs all routine office support tasks for the Women’s Ministry Department including, but not limited to handling the mail by picking up and delivering correspondence to the mail room; promptly and politely answering the phone, taking messages, and following up as appropriate; typing routine correspondence as instructed, and insuring that adequate office supplies are ordered and available when needed.
* Prepare greeting cards (holiday, birthday, anniversary, etc.) for mailing as appropriate for persons who are included in Women’s Ministries targeted groups (officers and their family members, employees, Silver Star and Home League members, etc.)
* Maintain an up to date database for tracking people, various groups, insuring that deaths are properly removed from current rolls for use by Women’s Ministries. This includes maintaining the membership and leadership database information for all Home League chapters throughout the division (about 51 groups in total.)
* Plan for and complete an accurate registration process for various Women’s Ministry events, including but not limited to Women’s Camp, Women’s Celebrations and employee functions. This includes handling registration fees in accordance with Finance Policies to insure excellent audit results.
* Keep track of Corps Narrative and Progress Reports
* On an ongoing basis, prepare membership cards/letters/warrants and commissions for women.
* In standard format, reports monthly statistics to Divisional Statistician for all Women’s Ministries activities.
* Completes timely distribution of materials to Corps as appropriate or directed, (i.e. timely distribution materials used for the World Day of Prayer.)
* Organize and distribute large mailings as instructed.
* Assist Women’s Ministry Officers with various related work, such as arranging for shopping data in preparation for holiday distributions, and arranging for the bulk purchases and follow up bill paying, etc.
* Assist in Women’s storeroom (i.e. the Pit) for up-keep and arranging of stored items.
* Process invoices and communications with Finance Department for billings of departments in accordance with Finance policies and procedures.
* Actively seek ways to be of greater service to the officers working in Women’s Ministries.
* Performs related duties as assigned.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of secretarial and/or administrative support experience. Some college course work, and experience with computer graphic arts a plus. Previous knowledge of Salvation Army women’s programs and other Salvation Army facts is helpful. Able to fully understand and use the following Microsoft Office system applications, such as Word, Access, Excel, Publisher and Power Point. Must be detail oriented. Must be able to travel to and work at other Salvation Army locations throughout the Eastern PA and DE Division (Pendel) as needed to assist with with various programs, events and registrations when requested. Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check. Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the mission of The Salvation Army, ready to support the Army’s mission objectives through the position’s duties.
Contact: If you may be interested in applying for this position please submit your resume and cover letter go to:
External Candidates: http://careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
Internal Candidates: http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
No phone calls please.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on September 12, 2018.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army will not hire any applicant for employment if the criminal background check reveals a conviction (or a guilty plea or plea of nolo contendre) for any sexual or violent crime. This policy is intended to help ensure safety in Salvation Army workplaces.
Requisition No. 873