Annual Fund Director
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Two or more years of professional experience at a non-profit organization and/or in a fund raising capacity with direct responsibility for donor database coordination, gift processing or other related donor data experience.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately process large volumes of detailed gift processing data in a relational database and ability to generate complex queries and reports.
- Experience with direct mail in non-profit organization is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Experience with a relational database such as Raiser’s Edge, Donor Perfect, Pledgemaker or other similar systems.
- Experience with online systems such as BBIS, Luminate, Constant Contact or other similar systems.
- Experience or knowledge of direct marketing/mailing programs.
- Well-organized and able to work independently and efficiently.
- Able to handle multiple projects accurately.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
The Database Coordinator has the primary function of ensuring the accurate and efficient processing of gifts and maintaining the integrity of records in the constituent resource management (CRM) system SoftTrek/ClearView. The coordinator serves is experienced with the CRM and online system Luminate. This person is responsible for the accurate and efficient delivery of documentation, data extraction, report writing, and other services related to the coordination of donor information in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This person is a key part of the Annual Fund and CRM/Luminate data management team and trains/teaches staff to effectively use the database(s)and maximize the use of the data.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Become expert in the use of the CRM including all querying, reporting and batching functions, the lockbox systems and the online system. Coordinator produces mailing lists, donor’s lists and other data reports on a scheduled basis and as needed from the Annual Fund Director or CRD/DRD/PG staff.
- Continuously develop processes and procedures to increase data quality, reduce data entry time, reconcile with Finance and other sources of donor/gift data and train staff as needed. Once defined publishes procedures in writing.
- Ensure staff is adequately trained to effectively input information, create reports and/or know how to extract data from the system. Produce “How To” documentation and publish tips and tutoring in writing.
- Provide CRM support to staff including entering contacts, actions, event data, list production and reporting.
- Provides back up to Database Administrator for batch processing and to reconcile gift and batch information from all sources including the Lockbox, Shelby and directly from Finance.
- Monitor and resolve batch and detail reports from lockbox.
- Monitor and update donor records and manage donor requests from lockbox flag reports.
- Provides back up to Database Administrator to work with Finance to identify special, restricted, event, and campaign gifts and coordinate follow-up as needed with development staff.
- Process credit card donations and input gift information into database and/or ensure timely and accurate downloads of data entered automatically by the lockbox vendor.
- Acknowledge and thank donors for memorial and tribute gifts.
- Send memorial and tribute cards to acknowledgees as requested by donors.
- Print and distribute prayer requests to Corps and Service Units.
- Process changes of address on all returned mail, code returned mail as undeliverable and research for new addresses and/or effectively manage seasonal data entry assistant to accomplish this.
- Continuously identify and eliminate duplicate records as requested by donors and department staff and/or effectively manage data entry assistant to accomplish this.
- Maintain timely update of records for coding of deceased and unwanted mail appeals. Purchase overlays of age, phone, email, and deceased as needed and in consultation with Annual Fund Director and manage updates in the system.
- Assist and support other projects as requested by the supervisor and/or Director of Development and Community Relations.
- Maintain professional and courteous conduct while representing The Salvation Army.
- Strive for superior customer service in all interactions with staff and donors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.