Involvement in the total operation with willingness to help in all areas as needed, including dining room, outdoor/indoor activities as needed. General maintenance of all Salvation Army property including parking lot areas; General building upkeep. Will assist in pickup of food items and other donations, securing them in the properly assigned locations. Receiving of all deliveries and ensuring that they are secured in office area. After packing away delivered items in pantry and storage area, make sure that all spills are swept and mopped. Clean and maintain in front of building by keeping area clean at all times.
· Classrooms / Meeting Rooms– Empty, wash & disinfect garbage cans; Sweep and mop floor; Wipe off counters, sink, refrigerator, etc.
· Front and Side of Building (Atlantic Avenue / Sealey Avenue) Sweep, etc. and keep clear of litter and trash, glass, etc.; Remove snow and ice, when necessary.
· Wash and disinfect all bathrooms (bowls, basins, floors, fixtures); Sweep halls, offices, gym.
· Empty and return waste baskets; Wash slop sink; Replace light bulbs when necessary; Check all doors and windows; Dust around and in all aforementioned areas.; Vacuum carpets daily;
· Sweep /mop / vacuum floors of offices, hallways, Lounge, Craft Room, Gym, etc.; Move furniture as necessary; Change water frequently when mopping floors; Reset rooms as necessary.
· Chapel: (Mondays & Fridays) –Very important that his be kept in tip top shape: Vacuum carpet; Dust chairs, altar, piano, etc. (use polish as needed.
· Hallways & Activity Rooms – Wash and disinfect all trash cans; Wash and buff all floors; Wash baseboards.
· Outdoor – Hose down front entrances when weather permits.
· Other – Wash and disinfect bathroom walls and tiles; Mop entrances and vestibule.
· Wash floors in offices; Wash baseboards in offices; Spot check and wipe walls; Wash light domes or bulbs, as needed; Wash and disinfect mop heads (hang to dry spreading strand); Clean up utility rooms and closets; sweep and hose down boiler room; Wash windows and blinds as needed (inside & outside).
· Every four to six months, strip floors of wax, alternate rooms to fit schedule; Treatment of gymnasium floor, classroom floors, carpets and chapel as needed;
· Be willing to assist with outside agencies use of facilities;
· Perform other tasks as per administrator’s specific instructions, to maintain a healthy, sanitary, hazard free environment in the Corps Community Center.
· Assist the overall facilitation of The Salvation Army’s operations, as directed by the Corps Officers through the Head Custodian
· Assist with driving & seasonal efforts as needed, especially in Winter & Summer Months
· Be available for snow removal at all times (including “off-hours”) during winter months, with specific directives issued by Corps Commanding Officers at the start of the season
· Be available to be on-site for special events and rentals, with at least 2 weeks advance notification
· High School Diploma required
· Five to ten years work experience in various handyman/odd jobs.
· Valid driver’s license with good driving record and experience driving 12-passenger van
· Must be able to work independently, while being strictly supervised
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more
· Must pass all background checks (City, State & Internal)
· Must be able to abide by International Mission Statement