Position requires working evenings and weekends
Position TitleMembership Service Lead
Responsible to Sales Manager
High School Degree or Associates Degree in Business preferred
Experience in Customer Services and Sales.
Previous cashier and/or customer service experience helpful.
6 months to 1 year of management experience
Membership Service Lead responsibilities include selling and/or verifying memberships through POS system, providing information and answering questions about available programs. This position assumes a leadership role for the Customer Service Associate role and takes on certain responsibilities in the absence of the Sales Manager.
- Must have or be able to acquire within the first 30 days of employment a First Aid & CPR certification.
- Must have the ability to work and relate well with people.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs.
- Computer software application experience helpful. Ability to use new software programs with basic training.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clientele and staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate positively and energetically with staff, clients, members and customers.
- Must have the ability to maintain a non-judgmental attitude in working with customers, clients, members and staff.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrive in a team-oriented environment.
- Be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain poise under pressure.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide great customer service to the community.
- Ensure that all customers, clients and members are given prompt and courteous service.
- Be an ambassador the RJKCCC by giving tours, promoting the center and selling memberships when requested by supervisor
- Must be able to handle cash, make change and operate the Frontline computer software.
- Wait on customers, clients and members according to established procedures.
- Promote/sell programs and special events, making insightful recommendations that reflect the needs/interests of members.
- Receive and handle incoming telephone calls, visitors and emails in a friendly and businesslike manner; direct calls/inquiries to appropriate program/staff in a timely manner.
- Maintain progressive knowledge of all programs, facilities and special events.
- Observe and identify customers, clients and members that may be recommended candidates for scholarship. Provide assistance for scholarship application process.
- Be responsible for maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of the Point of Sale (POS) stations and kiosks. Keep sales area clean and neatly arranged at all times.
- Secure the POS (Point of Sale) area at the open and close of shift.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and neat appearance of public areas.
- Take ownership of member/facility issues by notifying the appropriate department, staff, manager to resolve issue, or by handling simple issues personally.
- Provide administrative support to include filing, data entry and mailing
- Assist Sales Manager on various tasks and projects.
- Assist with daily reconciliations.
- Adhere to RJKCCC operations as well as all policy procedures as adopted by Administration.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Attend staff meetings as assigned.
- Provide referral information to meet individual and family needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned and more appropriately defined in the operations manual.
- Must adhere to all grooming, uniform rules and conditions set forth by The Salvation Army RJKCCC.
- Report all injuries in a timely manner and according to procedure.
- Must attend and complete child safety training as facilitated by The Salvation Army. To represent The Salvation Army’s spiritual and social mission