DEPARTMENT: Worship and Arts
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
SCHEDULE: Part Time – Seasonal during Dayton Public School Year
Monday – Friday 2:00 – 6:00 PM (20 hours per week)
Display good character through words and actions.
Have a great attitude and a willingness to assist wherever needed.
Use excellent communication skills to work positively with different staff members/church members/ students/ and all Kroc guests.
Demonstrate an ability to interact well with children of all ages.
Must possess the ability to be flexible and adapt to changes in schedule and/or duties.
Must attend ALL trainings and meetings.
Ensure that a safe and healthy environment exists for participants
Checking children is as they arrive
Signing children out to their parents/guardians each night following all policies
Assist with different program/elective blocks each day
Ensuring that the banquet hall is prepped for students’ arrival daily. This includes bringing the appropriate snacks and supplies into the designated areas.
Cleanup the Banquet Hall/Theater each evening before leaving
Provide supervision of the students during dinner time
Monitor all activities in the Theater and Banquet Halls as directed.
Keep accurate statistics each day
Answer general questions for parents/children
1. 1-3 years of experience in children or youth work
2. Must be able work in a team environment, take the lead when needed, and follow the direction of The Salvation Army Officers and management team.
3. Must be safety conscious
4. Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly, in English
5. Must have the ability to work and relate well with individuals with varying needs
6. Must be able to handle difficult situations/confrontations in a professional manner 7. Must possess an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army 8. Must enjoy working with children.