Responsible for oversight, coordination, care and safety of program residents throughout their stay in the Family Caring Center. The position requires: Lifting between 25–30 pounds, walking bending, sitting and standing during the performance of duties. Preparation and serving of meals and cleaning of kitchen.
· Be awake, alert and observant. Remaining calm during an emergency and directing the resident to safety. Knowing the phone numbers to call during an emergency.
· Answer, screen and respond to incoming calls for the Family Caring Center in a courteous manner.
· Complete intake screening forms of all callers; Explain the program and secure all necessary information for Social Worker.
· Document and secure all Family Caring Center resident money for savings, Bridge Housing and medications. Document when resident was given self-administered medication.
· Assist in the coordination of residents’ daily program activities, monitor resident behavior. Work with the Social Workers to insure resident involvement in, and adherence to, and progression towards resident self-sufficiency. Document resident and program activities throughout shift.
· Complete case documentation, statistical information, and daily program forms.
· Familiarity with and adherence to the Family Caring Center policy and procedure for managing the operation of day shift.
· Heat up and serve lunch and dinner to residents and clean up kitchen at the end of meal and refill condiments.
· Inspection and documentation of the residents living areas when on duty.
· Other duties; as assigned by the Family Caring Center Director, as the program develops.
· Ability to work with the homeless individuals and families, familiarity with alcohol and other drug and mental health issues.
· Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) The ability to maintain composure during crisis, emergency situations and/or during behavioral outbursts.
· Must maintain proper boundaries and professional relationships with clients at all times.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Experience in Human Services delivery system.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Ability to obtain Food Certification