Position: Accounts Payable Assistant/HR Secretary
Department: Developmental Disabilities Program, Philadelphia
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Full-Time; 35 hours per week; Monday through Friday
Reporting Relationship: HR/AP Manager, DDP
Salary and Grade: $14.55 to $16.00 (depending on experience and qualifications); 75 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Remitted Tuition Program
· Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
This is an entry level position with multiple responsibilities such as accounts payable, petty cash, invoicing for payments, etc. Provides support to other internal and field staff.
This position will provide assistance in accounts payable by processing expenses for department, including petty cash for multiple program and administrative office. Responsible for analysis of receipts and supporting documentation. Complete monthly reporting of all issues with expenses. Assist with tracking year end closure expenses, filing, and communication with vendors to resolve vendor issues. Keep Accounts Payable/Human Resource Manager up to date on all issues that arise. Provide support to HR and AP Manager by copying paperwork, maintain files, employment references, assist with preparations of orientation documentation and other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma required.
· 3 years accounting/AP/secretarial experience in a fast pace office environment required.
· Experience working with confidential files.
· Good organizational and tracking skills. Must have the ability to meet deadlines.
· Detail oriented including accuracy with numbers.
· Computer knowledge of Microsoft software including Excel and Word.
· Ability to work with confidential information and communicate well, both in writing and orally.
· Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
· Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please send or fax your resume along with a cover letter including salary requirements to:
The Salvation Army DDP
701 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Or go to: http://careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
No phone calls please
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Department on July 12, 2018.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 812